The purpose of this work was to present the development and regional history of fencing in eastern Slovakia. Origins of fencing go back to ancient times, it was referred to as the knightly art of wielding white weapons. Its development over the centuries is a permanent battle and duels that have been changing through the use of various types of weapons, forms and rules of combat. At a time when many sports were at the stage of initial development, European fencing had already developed a system of methodical teaching, which was enriched with extensive literature. The history of fencing in eastern Slovakia has not yet been given a full and synthetic study, although this discipline played a significant role in the development of Slavic physical culture. The article presents an outline of the development of fencing in eastern region Slovakia in Košice. The research method was based on direct and indirect fact finding. The available printing, iconographic sources and source materials were analyzed. The development of fencing in Slovakia took place in the first half of the 19th century in the second largest city of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy, Bratislava. It should be noted that in 1828 Pozsonyi Egyls Magyar Vivo Egyletö was appointed – the first Hungarian fencing club in Bratislava. The fencing centers in Spain, Italy, France and Germany had a significant influence on the development of the fencing clubs in Central Europe. In 1844, swordsman Ferdynand Martinengo, founded and taught fencing at the private Fencing Academy in Bratislava. Fencing sport in Slovakia owes its existence and continuous development to the commitment and dedication of its members who were able to raise the sporting level of their players in the country and internationally.